March 14, 2010

Willy DeVille Biography

Richard Marcus is currently writing a biography of Willy, authorized by his late wife Nina. We will give updates on the book's status. Richard Marcus's Page: http://blogs.epicindia.com/leapinthedark

Just to let people know that I won't be using fan sites on a frequent basis and I apologize in advance if you don't receive an immediate response to any of your queries. I will be predominately using fansites to post announcements concerning the status of the biography. I'm writing of Willy - as in when I've confirmed a publisher, expected publishing date etc.

Currently I've a publisher who has expressed interest in the book and I have provided them with sample chapters and an overview of the book. Hopefully they will respond positively - they commissioned my previous book so are familiar with my abilities which is half the battle when looking for a publisher.

I'm not going to be able to get involved with discussions about Willy or anything I'm writing about for the simple fact that I don't have the time or energy to do so. If you wish to share any stories you might have about Willy, or information you think that might be useful for my research, please feel free to e-mail me at the address provided - goodnoise2000@gmail.com. I will not be using any information in the book that I can not confirm from another source or that can't be verified in some other manner. However I'd love to hear from anybody about what Willy meant to them personally. If you have a suggestion as to somebody who you think it would be helpful for me to talk you are more than welcome to pass that information along as well.

If you're interested in reading any of the writings I've done about Willy in the past you can go to my website and follow the links to my Willy DeVille page where you'll find links to almost everything I've written about him, including the full text of my Interview with him that appeared in the German edition of Rolling Stone Magazine in 2008 - in English. The only thing you won't be able to read are the liner notes I wrote for the DVD "Live In Montreux 1994". That's okay I've never seen them either as the DVD wasn't put out in North America.

Thanks everybody.

Richard Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message, we really appreciate it.
~ Just Your Friends ~